Sankoyo Protest BMC Game

| May 28, 2015

Sankoyo Bush Bucks has protested the presence of Paradzayi Mandivenga as BMC head coach while he did not appear on the match sheet during their recent match encounter at Maun Sports Complex on May 9.

The game saw Sankoyo’s hopes of finishing the be Mobile Premier league season on Top 8 being shattered as they lost their much esteemed match against BMC with 2-1 goal margin, which denied the former an opportunity that could have seen them shooting into the top eight.

The team chairman, Willie Dikgosana, confirmed in an interview that they logged a protest with Botswana Football Association (BFA) on May 20 and were still waiting for response.

He said they had gathered all evidence that deemed necessary for their argument. He said the Zimbabwean born coach’s name did not appear on the match sheet issued to the match commissioner and the media, noting that according to FIFA regulations, if his name wasnot written in the match sheet, he should be declared an outside agent.

He said that meant BMC had contravened the FIFA regulations as the name appeared in the match sheet as head coach was Haratino Mahloane who was not present at the game.

“This means that BMC has used a defaulter coach during our encounter at home,” he added. Efforts to solicit confirmation regarding the issue from premier league chief executive officer proved futile as he was not in the office and his mobile phone was unanswered.

Meanwhile, things had been tough at the Maun side as they appeared for a hearing before the National Appeals Board on May 18 following their appeal against the recent judgement where FC Satmos protested against the use of their Zimbabwean striker, Moris Ruzivo, in their encounter during their opening match of the second season.

The Maun side was still waiting for the final judgment, which would be announced on May 28. Satmos argued that Sankoyo did not follow due processes when they registered their top marksman, Ruzivo hence he should then be declared a defaulter.

Satmos said the player did not have his International Transfer Certificate (ITC), which is one of the prerequisites for registering a foreign player. The Ngurungu management believed that they are not guilty as they followed the right procedure to register Ruzivo who has been an integral part of the Premier League high-flying rookies this season scoring crucial goals.

Dikgosana said they were represented by their legal aisor. Their argument is that FIFA regulations state that the issue of ITC is entirely the responsibility of the BFA secretary general.

He said they submitted all the necessary documents and BFA had to liaise with Zimbabwe Football Association regarding the player’s ICT. He believes that his side had a g point as the BFA issued a playing card which ensures that the player is eligible.

He expressed disappointment about the absent of the Premier League at the hearing to answer why they issued the playing card while the player was not registered. The management is optimistic that the judgment would be on their favour.

Regarding their matter involving protest by Motlakase Power Dynamos where they were found guilty of fielding Zimbabwean-born Sibanda in their game against Motlakase Power Dynamos that resulted in the team docked three points and two goals, Dikgosana said they were misled by some people.

He said since they were new in the Premier League, some people aised them to plead guilty to fielding Sibanda who was improperly registered for the match in question.

He said the fact of the matter was that the said player was properly registered but BFA did not issue a playing card on time instead wrote a letter that the play could be used.

Dikgosana said all the challenges his team faced was a learning curve, noting that “we have experienced the premier league and now we know what is in the coming seasons.

Source : BOPA

Source : Botswana Daily News

Category: Sports

Comments are closed.