Majombolo Part With Eight Players

| July 22, 2015

Nico United has released eight players among them long serving defender Moagedi Gaseitsiwe.

The 33-year-old fullback has been with the Selebi-Phikwe club for well over 10 seasons, barring a brief spell with Orapa United last year.

He has been joined in the exit door by other fullbacks Kagiso Tutuwe and Onalenna Moalosi, as well as goalkeepers Ogopotse Tshule, Segakolodi Ntima and Edwin Mokibe.

Striker Nsongamali Shabby and Nkagelang Molwantwa are the other two players that have left Majombolo.

The club’s public relations officer Mogomotsi Orapeleng said the eight players were released amicably and they were in the process of strengthening the team.

“We are also looking forward to reinforce our squad with two defenders, a midfielder and two strikers,” Orapeleng said.

He also explained that the club has extended the contract of head coach Wesley Mondo by one year until 1 June 2016.

Mondo was appointed Majombolo head coach in January 2015 after Kenneth Mogae was shown the door.

“We are also in negotiations with a technical sponsor. Our discussions are still at an early stage, but our intention is to seal the deal before the commencement of the league,” Orapeleng said.

Source : BOPA

Category: Sports

Comments are closed.