The European Parliament,
– having regard to the draft Council decision (10107/2016),
– having regard to the draft Economic Partnership Agreement between the European Union and its Member States, of the one part, and the SADC EPA States, of the other part (05730/2016),
– having regard to the request for consent submitted by the Council in accordance with Article 207(3) and (4), Article 209(2), and Article 218(6), second subparagraph, point (a) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (C8‑0243/2016),
– having regard to Rule 99(1), first and third subparagraphs, Rule 99(2), and Rule 108(7) of its Rules of Procedure,
– having regard to the recommendation of the Committee on International Trade and the opinion of the Committee on Development (A8-0242/2016),
1. Gives its consent to conclusion of the agreement;
2. Instructs its President to forward its position to the Council, the Commission and the governments and parliaments of the Member States and of the SADC EPA States (Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland).